ESTIMATE OF CHARGES, COLLECTION PROCEDURE, & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE/CHARTIY CARE POLICY
ESTIMATE OF CHARGES:
- In accordance with Florida law, upon verbal or written request, Gladiolus Surgery Center will provide the patient an estimate of the facility’s anticipated gross charges based on the patient’s procedure(s) as indicated by the surgeon. If a patient is insured, the contracted insurance rates will supersede the gross charges estimates.
- If any unforeseen circumstances arise during the procedure, it may be necessary for the physician to perform additional or different procedures and/or use different supplies or implants that could either be more or less expensive. This could cause the estimate to vary. Overall, the final gross charges and patient responsibility will depend on actual services provided and could change the original estimate.
- The estimate of charges is for the surgery center (facility) only. If the patient would like an estimate from other health care providers who will provide services in the facility (surgeon and anesthesiologist), the patient should contact each health care provider for an estimate of charges and ensure each health care provider is covered by their insurance company (in network, preferred provider, etc.)
- Gladiolus Surgery Center will bill the patient for services rendered at the surgery center. The patient will also receive two separate bills – one from their surgeon’s office and one for anesthesia. Each will bill separately for their services and follow their own billing and collection procedures. Other services such as pathology and laboratory services may also be rendered at the time of surgery and are not part of the facility estimate of charges and patient will receive separate bills. Health care providers outside of Gladiolus Surgery Center may or may not participate with the same health insurance organizations as the facility.
- Prior to or on the day of surgery, it is Gladiolus Surgery Center’s policy to collect patient financial responsibility in full. This is determined by the patient’s insurance policy (co-payment, co-insurance, and deductible).
- The patient may contact their health insurance company for additional information concerning their patient responsibility.
- It is the policy of Gladiolus Surgery Center to collect all copayments, coinsurances, and deductibles at or before the time of service. Patients will be informed regarding how to request an estimate of charges for a scheduled procedure and what financial assistance could be available.
- If the patient informs Gladiolus Surgery Center that they cannot pay their patient responsibility at the time of service, there are 3rdparty programs such as Care Credit available that the patient can apply for and make monthly payments.
- All credit programs, website links, and telephone numbers will be provided to the patient along with a brief explanation of the program and application process.
- Gladiolus Surgery Center does not provide charity care.
Payment Bundle Resources
Information on payments made to the facility for defined bundles of services and procedures is available at http://pricing.floridahealthfinder.gov/. The service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services, and actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient. The patient can request a personalized estimate from the center at any time before or after the procedure is performed. Patients should contact the health care practitioners anticipated to provide services to the patient while in the center regarding a personalized estimate, billing practices and participation with patient’s insurance provider or HMO as the practitioners may not participate with the same insurers or HMO as the center.
Patients may access the State of Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration website at this link for information about this facility: http://www.floridahealthfinder.gov